Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
Metro Testing & Engineering Ltd – Salmon Arm is seeking an experienced Field Materials Testing Technician to perform field and lab materials testing.
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated and goal-oriented and will have high standards of ethics.
The position involves the following: providing accurate and timely sampling; testing and documentation for quality control and quality assurance purposes (primarily concrete and soils); liaising with client representatives onsite and over the phone; navigating non-conformance issues; and providing technical support where needed. This position has the potential to lead into a management position.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- sampling and testing concrete to CSA and ASTM specifications in the field settings
- maintain CCIL protocols
- recording and reporting results
- liaising with clients and site personnel
- troubleshooting real time compliance issues in the field and monitoring non-compliance protocols
- Ability to lift and control weights up to 16 kilos / 35 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ethics
- Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCiL)/American Concrete Institution (ACI) certification or the ability to obtain certification
- Knowledge of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) testing methods
- Experience with the care and use of nuclear gauges
- Knowledge of compaction principles and testing
- Familiarity with soils properties including clays and silts
- Knowledge of aggregate classification and testing procedures
- Proficient at report writing, reviewing, and interpretation of results
- Competency with MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, and common smart phone applications
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering would be an asset
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.