Who we are:
Metro Testing + Engineering was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
We have been market leaders for over three decades and we continue to work hard at being the first choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
Our Abbotsford office is looking for candidates who are team-players, hardworking and have great communication skills. This role will involve concrete testing at multiple sites in the Fraser Valley.
Experience is preferred, but not required. We will provide training.
The scope of our work is to provide third party independent sampling and testing of construction materials for quality control/quality assurance purposes. Team members will have exposure to a variety of projects ranging in scope and size from major infrastructure and highways to residential developments. Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- sampling and testing concrete to CSA and ASTM specifications in the field settings
- maintain CCIL protocols
- recording and reporting results
- liaising with clients and site personnel
- troubleshooting real time compliance issues in the field and monitoring non-compliance protocols
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Ability to lift and control weights up to 16 kilos / 35 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn customized computer programs
- Strong ethics
Metro Testing + Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees, providing career incentives and opportunities for growth.
Click here to fill in the application form