Metro Testing + Engineering
Metro Testing + Engineering (Metro) was established in 1987 in Metro Vancouver, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soils for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
Who we are looking for:
Metro is currently seeking experienced Intermediate and Senior Environmental Engineers, Geoscientists and Project Managers in its Burnaby, British Columbia office. The successful candidates will provide Environmental Investigation and Remediation support for Metro throughout BC and Alberta.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of environmental projects, engaging in all components of planning, executing, and closing, with an emphasis on project planning & scheduling, status reporting, issue identification & resolution, risk management, change management, scope management, budget tracking and forecasting.
- Management of provincial and/or federal contaminated sites assessments, site remediation, some risk assessments (human or ecological).
- Preparation and review of reports for due diligence investigations, and submissions to the BC Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy for instruments (COC, AiP, Determination).
- Business development and preparation of proposals (including RFPs), budgets, reports, and review of invoices.
- Liaising with clients, financial institutions, and other potentially involved stakeholders.
- Participating in the pre-sales process, including the development and nurturing of positive client relationships with new and existing clients through meetings and presentations.
- Maintenance and enhancement of quality control to ensure their timeliness, budgeting, scheduling, and quality standards are met.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Supervise project coordinators/technologists, providing clear and focused leadership.
- Minimum of 10 years of environmental consulting experience in British Columbia.
- University degree.
- Professional status as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientists (P.Eng. or P.Geol or P.Geo.). Contaminated Sites Approved Professional (CSAP) Designation will be an asset.
- Strong communication and writing skills to create, edit, review, and write reports.
- Business development skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
WHY JOIN US?!
Aside from a supportive, fun environment full of opportunities for professional growth and development, Metro Testing & Engineering offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits plan, and a moving allowance, if needed.