Who we are
Metro Testing & Engineering was established in 1987 in Burnaby, BC to provide the materials testing of concrete, asphalt, and soil for the construction industry. Since then, we have grown to include a diverse scope of services that now includes specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification throughout BC and Alberta.
Metro Testing & Engineering Ltd – Salmon Arm is seeking an experienced Materials Testing Technician to perform field and lab materials testing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Sampling and testing concrete to CSA and ASTM specifications in the field settings
- Maintain CCIL protocols
- Performing soil compaction testing
- Recording and reporting results
- Liaising with clients and site personnel
- Troubleshooting real time compliance issues in the field and monitoring non-compliance protocols
- Ability to lift and control weights up to 22 kilos / 50 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ethics
- Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCiL)/American Concrete Institution (ACI) certification or the ability to obtain certification
- Knowledge of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) testing methods
- Proficient at report writing, reviewing, and interpretation of results
- Competency with MS Excel, MS Word, e-mail, and common smart phone applications
- Hold a valid driver’s license and able to provide a recent driver’s abstract
WHY JOIN US?!
Metro Testing & Engineering is committed to the retention and growth of our employees; we provide competitive compensation packages, performance incentives, and career advancement opportunities. We are dedicated to providing a vibrant safe and progressive work environment for our employees.
Click here to fill in the application form