In addition to providing construction material testing services, Metro Testing + Engineering also provides environmental consulting services to address the protection of human health and the environment by assessing the potential risks from contaminants and hazardous materials in soil, sediment, water, and air. We provide design strategies for the clean-up of contaminated sites due to pollution and industrial development. Our team of professional engineers and geoscientists possess a senior level knowledge in the technical and regulatory aspects of contaminated-site management, and we can provide advice and guidance on contaminated site assessment, remediation, and management.
To continue providing quality services to our clients, we are hiring a Manager for our Environmental Division. This position reports to the CEO and is part our management team.
Who we are
Established in 1987, Metro Testing + Engineering has evolved into the market leader in materials testing services for the BC construction industry. From concrete, asphalt and soil testing, we have expanded our expertise to include specialty testing, materials engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, concrete restoration, and quality assurance certification. With 10 offices in BC and Alberta, we are dedicated to being the preferred choice in materials testing and engineering for our clients.
We have 6 guiding principles and one of them is people. People are the heart of our company and an invaluable aspect to the success we enjoy in the industry. Our people are the reasons why clients keep coming back to us.
What we offer
- Salary range is between $120,000 – 150,000+ Bonus
- Benefit Package including extended health care and vision
- Up to 4 weeks of paid time off
- A work environment that fosters and embraces innovative thinking
What you will be doing
- Responsible for meeting the financial objectives and be profitable for the business unit
- Providing leadership to a team of environmental engineers, environmental biologist, environmental scientists, and technicians
- Managing environmental projects, engaging in all components of planning, executing, and closing, with an emphasis on project planning & scheduling, status reporting, issue identification & resolution, risk management, change management, scope management, budget tracking and forecasting.
- Managing provincial and/or federal contaminated sites assessments, site remediation, some risk assessments (human or ecological).
- Preparing and reviewing reports for due diligence investigations, and submissions to the BC Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy for instruments (COC, AiP, Determination).
- Working with the business development team to develop and manage a portfolio of clients.
Who we are looking for
- 10 years of experience in providing environmental consulting
- University degree and Professional Designation as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientists (P.Eng. or P.Geol or P.Geo or P.Ag.). Contaminated Sites Approved Professional (CSAP) Designation will be an asset.
- Experienced in overseeing business operations and leading a team of employees.
- Experienced with business development
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license
More about us
Metro Testing + Engineering Ltd is a multi-cultural and diverse organization with employees from around the globe; our commitment to building an extraordinary team has no borders. There are 15 different languages spoken in our corporate office and flagship firm alone. Foreign educated workers hold positions at every level of our company, ranging from entry level technicians, engineers, administrators to branch managers and principal owners.
We are strong believers in global community and accountability.
To learn more about us, please check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5DHHpoVk9U
Click here to fill in the application form